ESB International contracted with the Oman Power and Water Procurement (OPWP) to supervise the execution phase of Oman’s highly efficient Power Plants; Ibri and Sohar independent power producers (IPP’s).
High efficiency F Class CCGT projects are key to providing firm and flexible generation in Oman’s future low-carbon energy systems. These two projects involved ACWA Power as the main Developer with SEPCOIII as the main EPC Contractor. OPWP required a competent consultant to supervise these projects and ensure compliance with the Power Purchase Agreement.
ESB International entered into a consultancy Contract with OPWP to provide Supervisory and Advisory services during the execution phases of two Power Plants, Ibri & Sohar IPPs. ESB International continue to provide advisory services post Commercial Operation to OPWP in relation to performance and claims management.
Ibri & Sohar IPP’s are Dual Fuel (gas & backup fuel oil) plants, each power plant consists of two blocks each with two GE/Ansaldo GT26 F Class Gas Turbines and one GE/Ansaldo STF30C Steam Turbine in 2:2:1.
The Ibri IPP capacity is rated at 1,509 MW/1,419 MW and the Sohar IPP capacity is rated at 1,710 MW/1,499 MW.
- Supervision of compliance with the Power Purchase Agreement and Minimum Functional Specifications
- Compliance with Omani Standards, International Standards and Best Practice
- Provided Project Progress Reporting and Delay Risk Mitigation
- Assisted in facilitating coordination with LTSO / Gas Company
- Identification and pro-active management of potential Buyer’s Risk Events
- Agreed and witnessed plant acceptance tests
Related Case Studies
More About Us
One Dublin Airport Central,
Dublin Airport Cloghran,
Building 655 Road 3614,
2nd Floor, Holiday Inn Al,
Mazoon Street South Al,
Mawaleh, Muscat P.O. Box,
P.C 118 Sultanate of Oman