In preparation for the UK's deregulated power generation market, ESB International provided a project model for one of the UK's first independent power producers (IPP's).
Designing and implementing a commercially successful IPP (Independent Power Producer) model to operate in a newly liberalised power generation market.
Planning, development, financial and operational resourcing, leading to successful Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for one of the first IPP’s to enter service in the UK market, a plant still in service nearly 30 years later.
- Provision of techno-economic studies and modelling.
- Creation of commercial capability to enter a new generation market.
- Delivery of engineering design reviews.
- O&M services through commissioning and into successful commercial operation.
- Sustained successful commercial operation approaching 30 years, with Frame 9E gas turbine technology.