In preparation for the de-regularisation of the power generation industry in Ireland, ESB International provided the concept for Ireland's first Independent Power Producer (IPP), a 422 MW combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plant in Dublin. Converting an old oil fired site into a new clean and efficient generating station.
Design, deliver and implement a commercially successful IPP in the Irish market to satisfy increasing EU competition rules and encourage further openness of the energy sector.
Implementing a 422 MW cutting edge clean, modern, and efficient power plant on an existing brownfield site.
What we delivered
- The most efficient combined cycle gas turbine power plant on the market, utilising cleaner natural gas fuel source, minimising emissions to air and water.
- Project technical, economic and environmental feasibility studies.
- Engineering, procurement and construction management for civil and substation works.
- Successful project implementation providing complete site management services.
- Delivery of full plant commissioning into successful commercial operation.
- Ongoing safe and efficient Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services in an increasingly competitive market.