ESB International was in partnership with SETE Tech. Services South Africa, were appointed as owner’s engineer on the Kano–Dutse– Azare 132 kV transmission line project. This project is an important element in the extension of electrical power to the northern region of Nigeria.
The project included the construction of Kano–Dutse–Azare 250 km of 132 kV overhead transmission line (130km double-circuit, and 120 km single-circuit) and the construction of two No. 60 MVA 132/33 kV substations at Dutse and Azare and extension to an existing
132/33 kV substation at Kano.
Services provided by ESB International
• Project management
• Design review and approval
• Coordination and supervision of commissioning activities
• Field supervision services – construction period
• Witnessing of factory-acceptance tests and site acceptance tests
• Technology transfer/training of NEPA counterpart staff