ESB Networks newly built transmission stations in the South West of Ireland required a deep grid reinforcement to facilitate the interconnection of two bulk power nodes on each River Shannon bank.
To construct new 220 kV cable circuits between Kilpaddoge 220 kV station and Moneypoint 400 kV station via a land and submarine cable.
- Detailed route design including marine surveys
- Dynamic analysis of cable installation in strong currents
- Assessment of geotechnical and geophysical data
- Detailed rating calculations
- Full technical & commercial specification
- FAT & type testing and Commissioning tests
Talk to us
The successful completion of the project included the installation, commissioning and energisation of the following across the River Shannon Estuary:
- 21 kilometres of 220 kV cross-linked polyethene (XLPE) submarine cable.
- 4 kilometres of 220 kV land cable installation including spare lengths.
- Fibre optic connections.
What we do
We offer a comprehensive range of solutions for both public and private clients, right through the life cycle of their projects and the energy value chain.